125 g butter.
1/2 cup rice malt syrup.
Pinch Himalayan salt.
1.5 tsp. baking soda
2 tbps. boiling water.
1 cup rolled oats.
3/4 cups desiccated coconut.
1 cup gluten free flour (self-raising, or add 1 tsp. of baking powder)
1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamias.
- Preheat oven to 150ºC/ 300ºF/ Gas Mark 2 and line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and rice malt syrup, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Add a pinch of salt.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with boiling water, mix well, and add to butter mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and combine well.
- Roll 1 tsp. of mixture into a ball and place on tray, flattening into a disc – allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown (keep an eye on them!).
- Allow to cool on trays before transferring to airtight container (preferably glass).
If you have any comments in regards to this recipe, or would like to book a face-to-face, or distance consultation with me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 040 991 4552.